Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Yesterday Recap

It's sunny in the Burgh again! Yesterday was a great day with the boys. Koen was in a great mood all day long. Definitely had our toddler moments, but in general, he was in good spirits and very cooperative.
Highlights of the day included walking to lunch at Elbow Room on Ellsworth in Shadyside to meet friends for lunch. Koen was great about riding in the carriage (with no snacks) on the way there. Tavin slept. We ran into some neighbors and had a nice chat. I love our community! Anyways, we got to the restaurant and Koen was on his best behavior, which was such a blessing since I was handling the two boys on my own and also trying to have an adult conversation and eat! Wow! Koen ate like a champ, played with his cars and used his manners (please, thank you, excuse me). I was very impressed. Tavin was good too. He even ate almost 5 ounces of a bottle from me! We were at lunch for quite awhile, so we had to walk home pretty quickly to get Koen to nap and still didn't make it by 2pm. Everything takes longer than it takes.
So after laying Koen down for his nap in the toddler bed, it dawned on me...how is this going to work? He can roam all over his room if he wants, how is he going to settle down for a nap? I think he thought the same thing because he lay there, then I could hear him get up and rummage through his toy basket, but after about 15 mins. of talking/playing he laid down and slept for over an hour. I was impressed and so thankful! We'll see how today goes.

Last night was busy as we had Aunt Abbie stop by to say hi briefly, then Aunt Jen came over to babysit while Doug and I went on a date and all of that happened within an hour and around dinner time. Lots to coordinate!
Aunt Abbie with Tavin, having some love time...she missed him!

Koen and Tavin did great with Aunt Jen for bedtime. Both went down so well (due to the fact Aunt Jen is a pro!) and Tavin even ate another whole bottle. Yay! Maybe he is getting it???

Doug and I went to the David Gray show at the Benedum downtown with Nate and Megan Troxell. The last show I went to was Ryan Adams at Carnegie Hall in Oakland which was a total bust, so this was a refreshing experience (especially since live concerts are not really my thing). David Gray was so professional and talented and his whole band was very impressive with their musicality. I loved that they all wore suits or at least slacks, dress shirts and vests (unlike the guys that opened for them who looked like they needed a shower and some money for a laundromat). I, of course, was getting anxious for the show to end (since I'm a tired mommy), so I didn't need an encore, but he did 4 songs after Pittsburgh cheered for him for several minutes at the close of the show. He seemed like a really nice guy (way, way better than Ryan Adams in concert!!!).

It was great to get out with Doug and going to shows is a favorite of his, so I was glad we could catch such a top-notch one.

Well, Koen did great in the toddler bed again. Not a peep til 7:30am and he is still up there hanging out by himself. Gotta run and see what he's up to! =)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Abbie & Tavin...it's looks like Tavin is thinking "a little privacy, Mom" Sounds like a full day...thank goodness for babies that sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got to go to the show with you guys! Great to catch up with the Shirks too!

    ReplyDelete