Monday, March 8, 2010

A Runny Nose Breaks My Heart

So last night I had fallen asleep for about an hour and I wake up to Koen screaming! He had developed out of nowhere a river of a runny nose yesterday, but was totally happy. He was fine going to bed, but definitely stuffed up. Around 10:45pm he woke up coughing and then just got beside himself. When I got up to him he was shaking and sobbing. So sad! I was strong and encouraging and soothing when I was up there with him (and he is so amazing, he laid down and went back to sleep after I cleaned up his nose and prayed with him), but I totally fell apart when I told Doug about it and cried. It bothered me so much to see him so upset! Thankfully this morning despite the runny nose, he is totally himself and he slept in which was great for all of us. Hopefully this will be a quick cold and last night's oddity will be the worst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment