Friday, March 26, 2010

Playing at the House, Again...

Koen, Tavin and I have been homebound again. We are getting a little stir crazy. So, I had a little photo shoot with the boys. Koen is ridiculous with his overdone smile. I tried to tell him how to smile normally, but it definitely did not work. He was all about cuddling up to Tavin for the pictures. The first few trys though he kept hugging him by putting his hands over Tavin's face accidentally. So funny! He has no idea - toddlers crack me up!
Tavin is so, so bald! These pictures and maybe this color he is wearing really accentuate it. I think he looks a little bit like an old man here. But a darling and happy one!
Thankfully my friend Deborah and Koen's friend, Miles (plus baby sister, Claire) came over for lunch and some playtime today. Koen and Miles did really well together as usual. At on point, the mommies were finishing their lunches and the boys were playing in the living room. It got really quiet and so we figured they had wandered up to the playroom. This picture below shows what we found - Koen is looking at a photo album and Miles is drawing on a little drawing board. They stayed there for several minutes content to be hanging out together. A little later Miles came in to tell us that Koen had gone upstairs. Miles was right and Koen came back down and said, "Mommy, I went upstairs to settle Tavin down, I can't find his pacifier." Oh dear! I am totally investing in those doorknob things so he can't help himself anymore! A caring brother for sure, but definitely not old enough to babysit!

4 comments:

  1. In your photo shoot pic - Koen looks a lot like Doug and Tavin looks a lot like Koen - they're already growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I can't believe how quickly Tavin is developing. And Koen takes my breath away with his mini-adult persona. The boys say hi! Glad you are keeping up with us on the blog. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan told me there was a picture on here of the boys together, so I came to see! I didn't even know you had taken one! Cute. And, that's awesome that Tavin slept that long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to catch the picture here. I like to try and get pics of Koen with his friends so that he will be able to look back at it someday. He was talking about Miles the rest of the day. He really enjoyed playing with him this time. I'm starting to see him develop the ability to play with friends rather than just around them. So fun!

    ReplyDelete