Tuesday, March 9, 2010

GRAMMA DAY!

Today was a great day because Gramma came back! We were blessed with a one month long stay when Tavin was first born and we've been eagerly awaiting her return ever since. Today was that day! Yay!

Koen got to skip his afternoon nap and accompany Tavin and I to the airport. Of course, I was adventurous and made a day of it. It went relatively smoothly.

We left the house as Tavin got sleepy for his midday nap. We filled up the car with gas and hit the highway (Koen has some odd dislike of highways and always asks to go a different way, unfortunately he doesn't understand my reasoning that it is the best way to get there). We went to Chik-fil-A for lunch. Yum! A Mommy/Koen date favorite (happy Koen picture).









It was a gorgeous weather day here, so I figured I would take him to a nearby outdoor playground afterwards and that is where I would feed Tavin too. I must have had spring fever because I totally forgot about the fact we still have a lot of snow lying around. So, needless to say, the playground was covered (see picture).









Koen was a good sport and found that the car brush/scraper on the floor of the car, which is what he calls his "shovel", so he walked around the parking lot working away at the snowdrifts. Hilarious! We actually ended up spending an hour and 15 mins. there feeding Tavin, getting the boys clean diapers, Koen playing in the car and doing lots of "shoveling." I was impressed with all of us. And I loved the fresh air!









Next we hit Target for a few essentials and a final time-killer before getting Gramma from the airport (see picture - Koen is still hanging in there being a happy little guy).









Koen was so excited to pick Gramma up (despite the fact we had to get on the highway again for a minute to get there). I meant to take a picture of Gramma's arrival, but she's probably happy that I forgot since she hates getting her picture taken. =)

We are so happy that Gramma is here. She's already helping out and I just love having my Mom around! Thanks for coming Gramma and thanks for giving her up for a little while, Grampa! =)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, how fun! Give your mom a huge hug from me! Have a wonderful visit. Grandmas are great!

    ReplyDelete