Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Energy of an Almost 3 Year Old...

I just finished listening to Tavin cry it out for his last nap of the day. Took him 45 mins. of the Ferber method before he calmed himself down. Of course, I'm so proud of him for figuring it out, but also feel so sad after listening to how upset he was. I know that it's best for him though to develop the ability to soothe himself to sleep.

I can hear Koen singing in the bath as Doug is handling his bedtime routine for the evening (I love nights when Daddy is home! - divide and conquer now that we have 2!). Koen woke up an hour earlier than usual today, we ran him ragged around the Burgh and at home, then he took a shorter nap than usual and how does he still have the energy to make up songs about nothing and sing them at the top of his cute song voice in the tub? Sometimes I wish I could have his energy level!

Will be putting Tavin to bed in a few moments after his 7pm feeding. I'm praying for a night like last night, but also being realistic that he might wake up earlier or even several times still. It's kind of exciting waiting to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment