Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Catchup

Now that Tavin's napping is getting better, and I don't have to sit in the room next to him for much of his afternoon nap, I'm having a hard time staying on top of the blog! Anyways, I am trying to keep up though for you and for me. It's fun and I'm loving that my friends and family can know what we are up to!

Yesterday after we took Gramma to the airport, Tavin accompanied me to a bridal shower. He was a perfect gentleman and only took a little attention away from the bride due to his cuteness (thankfully he was so well-behaved nothing else deterred attention away). He did spit up all over the pants I was wearing, but people were looking at him more than my pants!

While we were out, Doug and Koen had a great lunch outing with our neighbors. They tried People's Indian Restaurant on Penn Ave. for the first time. Doug was raving about the buffet. I'm looking forward to taggin along next time. Koen and Delia, one of his best friends, had a great time entertaining one another. Apparently in the picture Doug took here Koen had offered to hold Delia's sunglasses rather than see her have to carry them since she wasn't interested in wearing them. What a little gentleman!
Last night, our neighbors stopped by again to help Doug brainstorm a backyard project we are thinking about (several things have been stolen despite locking the gate, etc. and so we are hoping to raise a privacy fence). The Ammiratis overlapped with their visit too as they were coming over for dinner, so we had a nice little "party" in the backyard. Koen and Delia had a blast playing together outside. In the picture they are being "carpenters." Aunt Jen gave me a break and held Tavin for about 30 mins. Yay!Today was my first time back to nursery duty since being "great with child" in the winter months and then having Tavin. So, that meant it was Tavin's first time in there. He did great. It was nice to have a different swing and playmat to set him in. He did well taking a little nap while we were there too. Koen, on the other hand, is more of a handful when I am there than when I am not. Thankfully, Pastor Daddy had a few minutes to spare in the middle of the service and was able to entertain him in his office and I could focus on the other kids! Oh, Koen! It's gorgeous here today. I'm dying to get outside, but with both my boys napping, the farthest I will get is the front porch if that.

No comments:

Post a Comment