Thursday, March 25, 2010

Fun for All in the "Jungle Gym"

We've been having another pretty nice at-home day today. We had a great visit with our friend Linda this morning. She brought a present for both Koen and Tavin. I was so embarrased because Koen opened his before she even got all the way in the door! Oops! We'll have to work on that. He did a great job helping open Tavin's though, taking his sweet time pulling off the paper and making sure each piece was given to me to put in the trash. It took several minutes for him to finally get it open!

Koen took to Linda right away which was surprising to me since he usually takes awhile to warm up to people and I don't think Linda has seen him in person since he was less than 1! She gave Koen a piggy ride up the stairs and everything. He showed her his and Tavin's rooms several times wanting to close the doors so I would stay in the playroom and they could just hang out together. Linda was a good sport and I think he enjoyed the attention!
After Linda left, our only scheduled event today, we just hung out in the playroom for awhile. Tavin was loving the jungle gym, so Koen thought he and Teddy would try it out. Well, after a morning of playing with little kids I guess you start acting like one because I thought it would be fun if all 3 of us could fit in there and get a picture. The picture isn't exactly a good one, but it's funny that we are all in the "jungle gym."
After we put Tavin down for his midday nap, Koen and I made cookies for small group tonight. I meant to take a picture of this, but didn't get to it while including a toddler in my baking exercise! When we started, I got him in his apron, got out his step ladder so he could help me at the counter, then I had to run up and lay Tavin down. I came back down and Koen is standing on his stool at the counter, with the egg carton, "I got the eggs out already, Mommy." Must have been quite a feat - opening the heavy fridge door, reaching up to the second to the top shelf and then carefully getting them down from underneath some leftovers and then carrying them up the ladder with him. So hilarious! He was a great help with the project and we finished quickly and had time for lunch and clean-up before Tavin woke up. Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment