Wednesday, March 24, 2010

All In A Day

Well, I'm exhausted, but satisfied with life as well. =) Today we just stayed around the house/neighborhood and it went very well. Koen seems to be adapting really well to Gramma being gone (who is his anytime playmate when she's here). He enjoyed quite a bit of by himself playtime today. I actually think it is a little therapeutic for him and keeps him from getting too crazy. He was ordering about "Thomas" and playing with the truck and golf cart on loan from his friend Aiden. He had somewhat of an elaborate traintrack creation on top of the pillow on the couch. I'm having issues loading a video. Hopefully, I will get it up later.

This morning Tavin had the treat of watching Koen and I sweep. Although probably not Tavin's favorite part of the day, I think it may have been Koen's. Seriously he said, "thank you for letting me do this Mommy." Sure, Koen, anytime! It works great to give him the Swiffer because he just pushes it around and that thing clings up the dust floating around on the floor. I got my sweeping, dry Swiffering and dusting done while he "swept." I think we were busy with those things for 30-45 mins. Yes!
We had a nice walk to Giant Eagle. Gorgeous day here. Cool and crisp, but sunny and warm at the same time. Lovely! Koen did well walking with me. The double stroller is working out well, but it is quite a thing to steer when the two boys are in there. We get a lot of looks in the store too, but oh well, they'll get used to seeing us since right now I can only fit a few groceries in while Tavin's car seat is taking up so much of the stroller and blocks the underneath area. We'll be making daily trips when the weather improves consistently. =)

The boys' naptimes are starting to align a little, which is such a blessing. Tavin and Koen usually overlap at least an hour. Today it was an hour and a half. I had a lovely visit with my good friend Veronica. We made hot cups of Ovaltine and sat on the porch in the sun to chat. Such a great way to spend my free time during naptime today. We've been meeting together for a year now and today we were really reflecting on how much God has provided for us in this year and it is so true. We are so blessed and I am so thankful for all He has done for us!
After Koen's nap and Tavin ate, we headed out to the backyard. I was hoping to get a picture of the three of us, as we were enjoying playing together - blowing bubbles and Koen would pop them. Tavin liked watching, plus he was blowing his own spit bubbles the whole time. Doug did get a picture of Tavin and I when he got home. Koen ran away saying, "no, don't do that." Whatever!
We had a nice "family dinner" together before Doug had to head out. I love being a mom of two boys and having Doug. I guess I was just created to hang out with the guys all my life. I'm loving it. Thankfully I have really sweet boys, all 3 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment