Sunday, March 14, 2010

First Car Trip with Tavin

Yesterday we traveled into somewhere between Central and Western PA for a friend's wedding. Koen stayed home with Gramma and Tavin traveled with us. He was a great rider! Sleeping once the car was moving steadily. We stopped to feed him and get some grub for ourselves. Unfortunately, on the route we took fast food, namely McD's was our only option. I was pleasantly surprised by their Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad though! Anyways, somehow Doug got confused and thought the wedding was at 3:30pm and not 3pm, so up until the lunch stop he totally thought we were going to be so early. So he started to panic as somehow the food stop (which was the midpoint) had taken us an hour and a half to get to almost and the trip was only supposed to be a total of two hours! He was reading Scripture in the ceremony, so it was important we be there on time (plus we didn't want to be rude!). Thankfully, despite an extra stop for gas after our lunch stop, we still make it there with 6 minutes to spare.

Tavin was asleep when we arrived at the church, I was hoping he would sleep through the wedding and it would be over by his next feeding at 4pm. I was supposed to drop him off in the nursery. It was really nice that they had that service available, but it was the first time I left him in a nursery and it was a bunch of teenagers already managing about 6 kids (half of which were young ones already screaming). The girls didn't say a word to me when I dropped him off with instructions to just leave him in the car seat and hopefully he would sleep the whole time. Thankfully he did just that! I was relieved because I wasn't super confident in these very quiet teenage girls (probably just me over-reacting since it was my first drop-off ever!). Plus, I was so glad I could enjoy the ceremony, it was lovely and heartfelt.

Tavin did great at the reception too. We knew over a dozen people or so and about half of them couldn't wait to hold Tavin, so that was a huge help that he could be passed around. The reception was lovely too and I think Doug and I both enjoyed socializing as a couple which we haven't had the chance to do in awhile. My hands were still pretty full with caring for Tavin, but it was fun having him there to snuggle and show off a little. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment