Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Toddler Woe...

So today has been an emotional hi-low day for Koen. It is so frustrating. Yesterday he was great - at peace with the world, with himself, with us, everything seemed fine. He had a great nap yesterday, great sleep, didn't wake up early, etc., but yet today he's a mess! We went to Whole Foods for a few groceries. He wanted a little shopping cart (they only have 2 there) and unfortunately both were being used. He literally sobbed through the entire grocery trip, "I want my grocery cart!" So embarassing! I stayed calm while we were there, but it just rattles my nerves. And I never wanted to be one of those moms that has the kid throwing a fit (or soaking the floor with his tears), but it is humbling to be in that position. Never again will I judge when I see that happening! Anyways, I just feel at a loss of what to do to help him through that. He doesn't throw tantrums. Instead, he just gets really upset, crying like crazy and wanting to be held, carried, etc. What to do? Any ideas? Any good books that address this?

I do have to say that the poor kid has had a runny nose for 2 weeks now and I think maybe he's a little off because of that. Plus, Gramma is here and I think just having a different home scenario has thrown him a little bit into being more consumed with himself or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment