Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weird Afternoon

It's cold and rainy here. Ugh. A perfect day for napping though you would think. Unfortunately, for some reason Koen's little body didn't agree. Doug was able to come home with us which was great. A nice treat on a Sunday. We all had lunch, I fed Tavin, Doug put Koen down for a nap. Koen was doing his talking thing, then he got a little crazy, then he started yelling for me to get his teddy bear. Never a good thing. Teddy is his little napping and sleeping buddy, so when he throws him, it is usually super tough for him to settle back down. So, I went up to talk to him, wiped his tears, prayed with him, gave him teddy and told him to sleep. And he did! That was definitely encouraging. Unfortunately, an hour later he woke up scream-crying. I went up and he was so upset he was shaking. So, we are now in front of Bob the Builder on the TV. It's just such a long day when you have a tired toddler who didn't nap long enough, I decided to cut us both a break and let him watch a DVD. Bob is my favorite of the options. It's not very silly and they do teach helpful things as well as they are really polite to one another. Plus, with all the construction vehicles, Koen is totally interested. A special treat for this rainy day. Hopefully the rest of the afternoon flies by. I'm so tired! Gotta go get Tavin up to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment