Thursday, April 1, 2010

Koen the Comforter

Today we went to the park for playgroup. What a gorgeous day. I totally dressed us all all wrong though. The weather this morning said it wouldn't be even 65 until lunchtime, so I had us in long-sleeve shirts and pants. Well, it felt like 72, so we were all a little warm. There is a nice breeze though, so we were close to comfortable.

Tavin had his waketime and then went down for a nap in his car seat. He must have been too hot, or not tired enough or something because he could not get himself settled down for a nap. I even let him have the pacifier, which he wasn't really into. I was letting him cry for a bit so I could talk to my friends and play with Koen. Koen wandered off and I realized I hadn't heard Tavin crying for a minute. I turned around and the video below describes what I saw. So precious...it totally calmed Tavin down, although he was all smiles underneath Koen shoving the pacifier into his mouth.

This is the 3rd day in a row for napping in the toddler bed. I'm amazed. Each day he plays or situates his room or something for about 15 mins., but then he falls asleep! I'm so proud of him for knowing he needs to rest. Yesterday he slept over 2 hours. Today after a long morning out in the sun, I'm hoping he does the same. Plus, I have lots to do with small group ccoming over tonight (clean, make soup, do a little work, etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment