Friday, April 16, 2010

Koen, the Adult

This morning, we had family breakfast. Doug worked Monday, so he took today off instead. Great!

Anyways, Koen loves family breakfast, lunch or dinner. When we are all sitting there eating he often asks (as he did this morning), "How was your day, Mommy?". I guess he has picked up on the fact that Doug and I do this over meals together.

So, here's the conversation I had with Koen after he asked me that question this morning.

Me: Well, Tavin slept through the night without crying at all.
Koen: Oh, that's great!
Me: And this morning Tavin and I cleaned up the kitchen since we had friends over last night.
Koen: Good job, Mommy. Thank you for doing that.
Me: We also got some laundry started.
Koen: What else, Mommy? (Seriously, I was pretty proud of myself for getting all that done and he is asking for more??)

Also, I must note that last night Koen said prayer before dinner for the first time and he did it this morning too. Last night's prayer went like this...

Dear Jesus, thank you for this dinner. Thank you for blessing us with this food. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Doug and I both had to hold back the tears. So precious to hear him talk to God in prayer for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his prayer! That is too, too sweet. And you are a ROCKSTAR for getting that much done before Koen woke up! He may not be impressed, but I sure am. :)

    ReplyDelete