Friday, April 23, 2010

A Busy, Great Day

Sometimes days just fly. That is what happened today. I can't believe it's 9:15pm (although I feel like it's 12am - I'm beat!).

This morning Koen and Doug went out for some errands and Tavin and I stayed home. I got him all cleaned up in the bath for his 4 month appointment this afternoon. He is doing great with bathtime. Never cries anymore. He is so sweet all cuddled up in the towel. The picture doesn't do him justice, but he is so precious!
Koen and Doug ended up having a productive errand run and some special time together at Mellon Park and then later at Qdoba for lunch. You can see here that Koen is enjoying his own meal with salsa. Doug said he was particularly fond of the hot green salsa. He is his father's son!


Tavin and I waited on the porch for Doug (after the mini photo shoot above) and Koen to get home in the middle of the day. We took the chance to get some photos of the backyard progress. Today a man came (all by himself!) to remove the ugly tree/bush thing that was outside our kitchen and he also took out the old fencing. Tomorrow the landscaping crew comes to put up the new fence and finish the wall work. Yay! So exciting, but it looks like we will come in under budget on the project altogher. When does that happen? I've been so proud of Doug as he has found friends wanting to get rid of fill and hauled it himself with the help of friends to save us hundreds of dollars. Yay, husband!
This afternoon Tavin was on the floor playing and Koen decided to decorate him with Trader Joe's stickers. So cute! I totally encouraged it as he is quite gentle and it is hilarious. Tavin loves the attention from him and is such a good sport.
Tavin and I took a walk while Koen was napping (and our wonderful neighbor, Hilary, stayed at the house) to go to his 4 month appointment. He was so sweet there. It was during his normal afternoon naptime though, so he was a little touchy and cried when the doctor tried to make friends with him and he absolutely lost it when he got his shots. Just breaks my heart. He was deemed healthy and strong though, a great praise! He was 13 lbs and 11 oz (25th percentile) and 26 inches (80th percentile). I can't believe how fast they grow! Tonight was a rush! Abbie came over to babysit the boys because Doug and I had to go to a wedding rehearsal dinner at Le Mont, the nicest French restaurant in Pittsburgh! Yum! Beautiful too!Well, this is quite an abrupt ending, but I'm tired and that about sums up our day, except to give a big ode to Aunt Abbie. She had to deal with overtired Tavin, sleepy Koen and a headache (not to mention she left her purse at work!). She managed to get them both to bed though and they are sleeping well already. Thanks, Aunt Abbie!








1 comment:

  1. Great post Ames! I love the pic of Tavin decorated with stickers. =) My kids have always loved doing that to their younger sib, and I usually allow it too because they look so stinkin' cute!

    Great picture of you and Doug! You guys look better than ever! =) And I love the view from your table. How fun!

    ReplyDelete