Monday, April 26, 2010

A Day of Firsts

KOEN'S FIRST DENTIST APPOINTMENT:
Today was Koen's first dentist appointment. He did surprisingly well. I've been so proud of him between his doctor's appointment last week and the dentist this week. He liked working the fancy chair up and down himself, but was not very pleased to sit in it himself. I ended up sitting with him on my lap and he did very well letting the technician clean his teeth with the vibrating toothbrush, using the water squirter and even the sucky thing. The dentist came in later and counted his teeth (he has 20). She says that she thinks he has a "sidebite" a little. She also thought that his tooth that had been jammed up into his gum at age 2, looked fine and didn't cause her any concern. Finally, she said that we needed to start working on curbing the thumb-sucking. I brought that up, so it wasn't that she saw any damage, but still, she likes to make sure they get over it early. Poor Koen, that isn't going to be easy. I'm determined that potty training is our big next feat though, not getting rid of the "thumbers."

Koen and I made the most of our time out and also went out for some errands and lunch at our favorite quick spot (near Target too!), Chik-fil-A. He was definitely a little tired and cranky, but still a helpful and sweet little companion for the most part. It was nice to be out with him getting some things done. Usually Tavin and I stay home and Doug and Koen get to go out and do the running around. It felt good to get some errands done on my own!TAVIN'S FIRST SOLID FOOD:
So, this afternoon after his 3pm feeding, Tavin totally messed through his outfit. I've been waiting for a chance to feed him some whole grain rice cereal since our doctor appointment on Friday when he gave us the go ahead, so I figured, since he's naked, we might as well give it a shot! You can watch it for yourself on this video!
I really think he actually liked it a lot. He didn't push it out of his mouth on purpose. He definitely spit up a lot afterwards, but in general, I think he liked the experience and it went well. He actually just spit up down my arm as I was typing...thank you very much, Tavin!

No comments:

Post a Comment