Sunday, April 11, 2010

Koen's 3rd Birthday, Part III

We all slept great last night. Tavin now has slept from his 7pm feeding until 7am two days in a row! Last night he didn't wake up to cry at all. I think he's weaning himself off of waking up in the middle of the night. So great! I actually sort of missed him when I woke up at 3:30am.

Koen woke up around 7am as well, but played happily until his normal get out of bed time of 8am. He still sounds like a cute little frog from the croup or the virus that caused it.

At breakfast Koen got to finish opening his presents. First, we started with a card from Gramma and Grampa. Mom, he loved that it was Curious George. He said, "Hey, it's Curious George in there." We read it to him and quoted the Bible verse that you wrote in there for him. Thanks!
I had him open his boring present first, new sneakers. It was so cute, he was so excited in the process of unwrapping and then when he saw what it was, he said, "I thought it was going to be a truck." And he was absolutely crushed. Thankfully, being the boy mommy that I am, I totally saw this coming and got some trucks for him too. So, we quickly went on to the other presents. Unfortunately, my truck presents were such a hit that Koen barely looked at the book Doug got him. Oh well, he'll enjoy it eventually when he stops playing trucks. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment