Thursday, April 15, 2010

Morning at the Playground

A few firsts for Tavin today. His first ride in the swing! He loved it. Leaning back was kind of tough for him, so we tried leaning forward. He loved it! He was drooling like crazy. I think just like Koen, the teething has already started, but we won't see real proof for months yet I'm sure.
The other first was that Tavin rode in the double stroller like a big boy. Koen was excited for him to do this. Tavin stayed awake the whole 10 minute walk home. It was probably due to the fact he was crumpled uncomfortably in the stroller. He still needs to get a little bigger to really be stable in there, but it was nice not having to lug the car seat attachment with us.
It was an interesting urban mommy challenge when we got back to the house. What to do with the infant when emptying the carriage, carrying everything inside, breaking down the carriage and carrying it up the stairs??? Thankfully I had brought a cushy play blanket with us and so I laid it on the porch and set Tavin on it. I asked Koen to hang out with him to keep him happy. It sort of worked. Koen was precious. I got up the stairs carrying the stroller and Koen was just holding his hand whispering sweet nothings to him, "It's OK Tavin, Mommy is right here, It's OK Tavin, we'll be inside in a minute. It's OK Tavin, it's almost time for nappers." So adorable! Koen is definitely a very sweet older brother.

I put Tavin down for a nap and Koen and I played in the backyard and finished our lunch (we had started at the playground). He did well up to naptime. He is getting so oddly silly. We have a lovely old, Italian gentleman that lives next door, Ceasar. Koen really likes him and vice versa. But lately when Koen sees him he says, "Hi McSkoozy Hot Dog." He came up with a new one today, "Hi, Pumpkin." Oh dear! So, I had to teach him about respecting our elders and we had a teachable moment before nap. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but we'll see.

Tavin is screaming. He's a little mixed up today. Had to let him cry it out for awhile in the night last night. Then this morning he had a great nap and ate great, but I think he is just a little too hungry right now to sleep and I think he was overtired when I laid him down. Today is showing signs that this is definitely a transition to a 4 hour schedule and won't necessarily be as smooth as it looked earlier in the week. That's OK. I miss him. He is such a love.

No comments:

Post a Comment