Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weddings & Yardwork

That sums up our weekend! =)
This weekend our landscaping contractor finished up the bulk of the work on the backyard. They have already packed up and left today. It's great they got it done as we are expecting thunderstorms later today.
I am so excited about the larger backyard, but even moreso about the privacy and safety this new yard format offers. Great vision, Douglas!

Doug did a wedding yesterday of some friends of ours. I totally meant to get a picture of the two of us together as we did look like quite a cute couple, but I forgot. And when I got home I got right back into a cumfy pair of Mom jeans.

I did catch a picture of Heinz chapel where our friends got married and a picture of Doug marrying them. This is by far the most traditional setting he has ever married a couple in, so it really made his role seem official. It's a weird feeling being a "Reverend"'s wife! =) But I was proud of him. He did a great job, it was a lovely ceremony and the reception was a blast and a really fun day date for us.

Which leads me now to thanking Uncle Nate and Aunt Megan, the willing godparents, for their generous help with the boys yesterday. You guys did such a great job with them. Every report we got via text yesterday was positive and made us a little jealous to be back at the house having fun with them. Here are a few pictures of the godparenting that went on.
Well, I'm hoping to get a few minutes "peace" on the front porch before it's time to feed Tavin again. Koen is talking in his whining voice, hopefully winding down for a good, long nap. Tavin made noises like he was waking up early, but I think (and oh, I hope!) he has fallen back asleep.

Here's a picture of Tavin this morning. He was being sweet, so I had to take a picture. And Aunt Abbie came by this afternoon after church. It was great to have her here through lunch and for Koen's silly playtime before nap. That will help my energy stretch a little farther that I had some help in the middle of the day. Thanks, Aunt Abbie!

No comments:

Post a Comment