Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chilly Days in Pittsburgh

The last few days have put us back in our winter garb. It was in the 30's last night and is supposed to be again tonight. Brrrr!! Thankfully the Spring sun warms things up nicely during the day.

The boys and I headed out on a walk after Koen's non-nap (that's right, he never fell asleep) and Tavin's brief nap and long eating session (he is loving the cereal!). It always feels good to get out in the fresh air, even if it is chilly. The boys were both overtired tonight, which made for a rough trip home from the grocery store. Thankfully Daddy got home right after we did and quickly aided us in our final moments together. Phew...Mommy was just about out of steam!

I'm a little bummed with our double stroller (Graco Duo Glide). An awesome hand-me-down from a friend for sure, but I'm just not sure I can make it work as our everyday stroller. It is very awkward and difficult to get up and down the stairs in our front yard. Not only is it heavy, but it is also really hard to get a good hold on to lift it up the stairs (or into the car). Then, when I finally lug it up the stairs (while also holding Tavin mind you), you have to have it perfectly positioned to fit sideways through our double entry doors into the little vestibule. And when my arms are about to give and the baby on my hip is crying, this is not an easy task (not to mention Koen who I practically have to run over since he is so interested in what I'm doing). Finally, the worst part is the folding up. Although there is an easy one-step way to do it, the ease of the one-step is foiled if the front wheels are at all not perfectly in line facing forward. This wouldn't be so frustrating if there was a way to lock them into place, but there is not, so you just have to time it perfectly and manuever the closing function gracefully. Not easy again, while holding poor Tavin!

Due to our recent issue with our Chicco single stroller that came from our travel system, I was on their website. I noticed that they have introduced a new double stroller. I totally have stroller lust. I am on the prowl for something that might work better, but also still open to trying to make this free blessing be the vehicle I'm hoping it can be for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment