Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Toilet Training Continues

We are still working on it. I've seen some progress, I guess. He definitely seems more interested in going and sitting on the toilet, doesn't fight it quite as much. It is a painfully slow process though. He definitely had an accident every time still, although he had one success after one of the accidents when I put him on the toilet to "finish". I made a big deal (calmly) about it and gave him a cheap dollar store matchbox car. He was thrilled (of course he wanted more than one...nothing is ever good enough even at 3 it seems).

I must apologize to those of you that don't care to read the word "toilet" twenty times in a post. I promise I will reel in my toilet training woes. It's just sort of all we do right now. I'm sick of it myself already and we are on Day 2 of the hardcore attempt to get this job done (no pun intended).

I'm praying that he can just relax and figure this out and start to see some progress himself.

In related news, Tavin had an amazingly long nap this morning which was great for Koen and I, but he only slept 45 mins. this afternoon, which I knew would happen, but he was so tired he was asking to lay down. Anyways, he's screaming, so I have to run. Koen is still talking to himself I think, so I'm really hoping that he is on the verge of sleep because I need a little break.

No comments:

Post a Comment