Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stay-cation

So, in Doug's words, this week he has taken off for a "stay-cation." According to him, Easter season is an exciting, but draining time on a Pastor. =) No, I believe it is, I just think life in general is rewarding, but draining for a Mom. =) Anyways, we are happy to have him around for a few days as he refuels a little bit for the next season of ministry. Not sure how much refueling is possible with 2 little ones and a very sick wife (spring allergies are killing me and I'm afraid to take meds due to Tavin's dependence on me). Doug has been a huge help on this tough allergy day.
Doug and Koen made me a delicious breakfast - ham and eggs with whole wheat toast (we have a lot of ham to use up). Then they went on a walking errand to get me natural throat lozenges, this disgusting nasal rinse stuff and tissues (with lotion, ouch my nose hurts). Koen was so proud to be helping take care of Mommy!
We took the boys out for some play at a playground in the SouthSide and then to lunch at Claddaugh's outside. Beautiful here today with a temp of 80 degrees and strong breezes. Unfortunately, I kind of look in disdain at all the beautiful budding trees and flowers as they are most likely the cause of my pain, and these tranquil breezes are just transporting the irritants faster!
Anyways, lunch was great. Tavin took a bottle, yay! And Koen really enjoyed reading some library books I had picked up as I walked around in the SouthSide while the boys played and drove over to the restaurant. I love how much Koen adores reading. You should've seen how he lit up when I said I got new books from the library! Priceless! I hope he will always be a reader.
Douglas was so helpful during lunch. Knowing my pain level and frustration with feeling gross, he took Tavin through the whole meal after Tavin had eaten and let me just enjoy my lunch. Yay!

Koen napped great this afternoon and the fun of being in a bed he can get in and out of seems to be wearing off a little. He often seems to forget he can get out and entertain himself when naptime is done and just lays there whining or talking to Teddy until we come up. Weird!

I actually took a cat nap while Tavin slept. Mom and Doug would be proud...I actually rested. I just have no energy and the heat isn't helping my stuffy head or my desire to accomplish anything requiring physical strength.

Tavin and Koen are a joy. We finished up our evening for the most part in the backyard. Doug and I are looking forward to his dinner creation tonight...Mahi Mahi fajitas in whole wheat tortillas with a pineapple, avocado and lime slaw. Yum! So happy I married a natural-born chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment