Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Beautiful Spring Day

I love Spring! I've been feeling a little cramped lately, just stuck here in our 4 walls. So, this morning, we called Kyndal and Kaiser and invited them over for the morning/lunchtime. It was just what we needed! They came over around 10:30am and we all played while Tavin finished his nap, then I got to feed Tavin in privacy rather than around Koen because he played with Kyndal and Kaiser. He was so excited to spend some time with "Miss Kyndal." Koen used to go to Kyndal's house once a week when I was still working in the office. I think he misses his special time with her and Kaiser. While we were all together playing in the playroom he told me to "stay in the playroom and teach Kaiser about things while I go play in my room with Miss Kyndal."

After Tavin ate, we headed out to our favorite local playground with Kyndal and Kaiser and the boys enjoyed a picnic lunch. They are cute little buddies and Koen totally acts like a big brother to Kaiser. Very sweet!
The afternoon went well with Koen again napping great. I'm so impressed that he sleeps up there despite he now has the freedom to just roam about the room. He seems to be wheezing or something when he sleeps, so I'm looking forward to talking to the doctor about it tomorrow at his 3 year appointment. I'm praying he doesn't have asthma or something like that.

Tavin and I had some great "loves" today. He is just so, so smiley. Here's a video of not great quality of him enjoying some kisses and flying up in the air.

Doug got home on time tonight and we had a nice family time in the playroom and then went on a walk with Tavin in the Baby Bjorn and Koen on his bike (well, Doug pushing him).
There was quite a brawl outside at the convenience store across the street tonight. It was disturbing. I've never seen someone punched before, not to mention blood spewing out. Very frustrating and un-nerving. I called 9-1-1, but all operators were busy. Figures. I called them back later to make sure they got the report. We want this store shut down so bad, it is just a disaster waiting to happen (as if a brawl isn't enough of a disaster).

After the boys laid down and Doug had to go out, Abbie came over. Yay! Sister time. We are just finishing up our nice night together of watching "The Informant!", baking cookies, multi-tasking and chatting. I love my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment