Monday, December 24, 2012

Truth in the Tinsel, Days 23 & 24...we're done!

I can't believe we did it all!!  I'm so proud of Koen and I.  We really enjoyed this special time. Here are our last two days.  The 23rd was "gifts."  We made a star ornament.  Koen finished it up today by painting it.
Today, the 24th, was a cross.  It was really awesome to walk through the Christmas story day-by-day with Koen and it felt so triumphant to share this part (the most important) of the story with him today.  Then he made a pipe cleaner/bead cross.  One of the prettiest ornaments we've made so far.  A neat parallel to the fact that this gruesome object that brought death to the Christ also provided us with the most beautiful truth...salvation.

Koen, I love you.  I hope the Christmas story only becomes more real to you with every exposure you have to it.  I pray that what God has done for you through this baby Jesus will change your life and that you will grow to fully appreciate all He has done for you.  Merry Christmas, my Koen.

No comments:

Post a Comment