Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No Visitors...Can You Believe It?

I have to give my kids some credit.  This house has been a revolving door of visitors, sitters and friends the past few weeks.  Doug and I just love using our home as a place to host friends, neighbors and loved ones, but it does take a toll on the little guys after awhile whether due to the excitement or the exhaustion or a combo of both.  So, today we had plans to host Hilary and Huxley, but poor Huck was sick yesterday and Hilary (being the great friend that she is) called to cancel to spare us the germs.  Tavin and I were both bummed not to see some of our closest buds, but we were also happy to just have a low key morning.  Or as Tavin calls it, "Ta-ta, Mommy and Peh-Rye."  We did our normal routine of Tav's breakfast, followed almost immediately by Tav's second breakfast (this kid has a bottomless pit stomach in the AM), then up to bathtime for Penn before his morning nap.  Tavin got busy washing his trucks while I bathed Penn.  Tavin was so serious about his job.
During Penn's nap we got a little less serious (and a tad silly).  Here's Tav trying out the exersaucer.  Actually my idea.  I thought it would be funny.  Tav agreed.
Tav and I actually had a lot of fun during Penn's nap. We did some puzzles, built a train track and played trains and enjoyed watching the street sweeper clean our road (seriously, the Pittsburgh worker in that sweeper really believed in excellence, it was impressive...back and forth so many times, I was so impressed!).  After Penn's nap, I fed him and then prepped lunch for the big boys.  Sooner than we knew it, Koen was home from school and then it was on to nap for Tav and Penn.  The days just fly, but I really, really enjoyed this slower morning with some quality time with my little guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment