Saturday, December 29, 2012

Starting with Squash

Penn tried his first vegetable today at lunch.  Squash.  Abbie was around and literally snapped play-by-play pictures.  I have to say my facial expressions are what's really entertaining here (and quite self-incriminating, but you want make fun of me, right?).

I decided to start with his oatmeal so that he would get a few normal bites before trying the new food.  Ab happened to snap that.  Seriously, my face is messed up!  Here I'm saying..."Ok, Penn, are you ready for this new treat?"
Then I serve him up the oatmeal.
And then he follows it with his thumb as usual.
So then we got to the squash.  How did this face not scare Penn from opening his mouth?
Penn looks like he's not too sure of this new food.
Here I am totally falling into the trap of mimicking the open mouth on the baby.  I had no idea I was so expressive at meal time.  Poor Penn!
Here I'm saying, "Yeah, do you like it?"  Penn looks unsure about the food and my face.
And then after a few more bites where it seemed to be going oh so smoothly Penn started to balk, wonder and even gag a little.  


At this point we went back to the oatmeal and finished that off.  Afterwards we tried a few more bites of the squash, but Penn had definitely decided that he wasn't a big fan of that today, so I gave up (until tomorrow of course, but don't tell Penn!).

No comments:

Post a Comment