Friday, December 7, 2012

A Little Visitor, Continued...

I can't believe it's already Friday night!  The week really, really flies when you have 4 little boys under the age of 5 under your roof!  We had such a great (and a little hectic) few days with our dear friend, Kassi, and her adorable son, Lincoln.  My boys adore Kassi and welcomed Lincoln as if he was another little brother hanging around.  Here's a quick catch-up since my last post about this little visitor in our home...

Thursday morning Tavin and Lincoln enjoyed a little piano time with the talented Miss Kassi.

It's been really neat to see Tavin loving on Miss Kassi.  Tavin is turning a corner with his relationships and really showing affection and attention towards people other than his parents and siblings.  On the first night Kassi was here after he woke up from his nap, he went and saw her and then came and said to me, "Ka-ki no say hi to me."  Kassi immediately came into the room and gave him a huge hug.  It was so sweet to see that he wanted her attention (in the past he hasn't really cared much about anyone but me if I'm around).  Koen has been high-strung to say the least as he is such a social bug, I think he is just naturally buzzed by all the extra people (we've had more than just Kassi and Lincoln this week as many folks wanted to visit and we also needed babysitters each evening...phew!).  Koen missed out on our big playdate on Thursday morning though as he was at Kindergarten.  Kassi had invited some mommy friends here in the Burgh for a little reunion playdate at our North Way East End campus.  It was a busy, loud, but great morning for Kassi to catch up with friends and see Lincoln interact with her friends' kids.  Here she is greeting Samuel, Allison's son, while holding Malone, Kyndal's newest.  
Tavin, Penn and I enjoyed the opportunity to get out of the house and hang out with friends too.  Here are the few pictures I got.  Tavin was particularly excited that "Kai-Kai" (Kaiser) was there. =)


I enjoyed a little down time coloring with the boys (Kaiser, Porter and Tav).  These boy mom thing is settling in and sometimes I feel so comfortable just hanging with the little guys!

Although it was a great morning, it was also exhausting with the noise, the chatter and the length of time we were out of the house with the kiddos.  It was a relief to get home, get the kids to nap and have a little down time.  Kassi and I have really enjoyed the brief moments here and there to catch up amidst our mothering duties.  Kassi is a natural momma and her little Lincoln is such a happy, sweet little guy.  It really has been a blessing having them around.  Today, Friday, they packed up to leave for their weekend destination in the South Hills at another friend's home.  Kassi and I took the time to finally get some pictures of Penn and Lincoln together.  While Kassi was here we discovered that the boys both have the same adorable little outfit, so we put them in matching hoodies and snapped away.  Enjoy!
Penn says, "umm, this kid's touching my face, Mom!"
"Hmmm, the shoulder is a little better I guess."
"Ok, in my mouth is just not acceptable, Master Lincoln!" 
Lincoln says, "Mom, wasn't Penn a trooper and such a pal!?!"  Penn remarks, "what is happening here?"
Then we changed positions and put their hoods up and put them on their tummies on the floor.  It just got cuter.  Lincoln is soooo expressive!  I was just excited that Penn wasn't mad to be on his tummy for once.



Are they not so cute??  I figured I should try and get a picture of Kassi and I with our little guys that hopefully will be good friends themselves one day.  We set up the camera and tried to get a self-portrait.  Here's what we got...

Well, Kassi left around 1pm today and although things were a little more normal this afternoon and evening (that doesn't mean less chaos as the Melders are pretty good at creating their own with or without visitors), I missed my friend, especially at naptime when we could've had some cocoa and continued our chats.  Thanks for being here, Kassi!  

1 comment:

  1. Andy has the same outfit too! We'll have to try to do the same with Penn/Andy! (Even though its 6-12 month, it already feels like its getting small...legs are short)

    ReplyDelete