Saturday, December 1, 2012

North Way Oakland Christmas Party 2012

I love that it's the Christmas season.  I guess this really does have to be my FAVORITE time of the year.  And what a better way to start December than with the North Way Oakland Christmas Party?!?!  It was a great morning catching up with friends, meeting some new families and celebrating the Reason for the season with our kids.  You would think that Penn was probably the one that struggled (especially since we had to wake him up from his morning nap to go), but he did really well.
It was Tavin Dale that had a rough time.  The 6am wake-ups he keeps causing is definitely taking its toll.  He was whiney and just wanted to go home or eat the whole time.  Oh, Tavin! We did force some crafty involvement.

The boys both really enjoyed the music (although Doug had to kind of get Tavington into it).


One of our sweet friends at North Way offered to hold Penn since she saw us carrying him around.  He's already pretty Mommy-oriented, especially when tired and getting close to meal time, but I just did a quick transfer and Gabby had him for 30 minutes or so.  I stood far away where he couldn't see me so that I could get this shot to prove it.  Thanks for saving my arms, Gabby!!  
After music and a sweet story time by one of our elders, the kids broke into some more crafts.  Koen made the cutest snowman.  He amazes me that he is so intent on crafting as a 5 year old boy.  Show's a lot of attention I believe.  Plus, I love that we can do stuff like that together.  
Tavin perked up a lot with food and the bounce house.  Penn was awesome the whole time and especially after I fed him of course.  Koen did great.  We were especially impressed with his behavior today.  I think that all that one-on-one time with Daddy paid off.  He's been trying hard all day.  Doug and I both needed that encouragement, just to see so vividly all that we really appreciate about our oldest boy (and there is A LOT!).

No comments:

Post a Comment