Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fun Melder Morning at Church

North Way Oakland has started a fun tradition of having the Kidz Church up to perform a few songs on stage at Christmastime.  It's always so fun to see the kids singing on stage.  Evenmoreso of course since I now have a child that participates!  The only downside is that it means that I have to get all 3 boys to church early for the practice on the week of performance.  Ugh.  Actually, it all went quite smoothly (a little props please?) until Koen started really acting up.  Oh well, we almost got to the church on time.  Koen only missed snack time and was able to participate in the practice time.  While he was doing that, Tav played in the nursery and Penn greeted people with Daddy at the door.   How cute?!?!?!

After his greeting duties, Penn hung out with me to watch his biggest brother sing on stage.  Here's Koen coming in.  
He was quite subdued and seemed like he was just taking the whole experience in (and perhaps he's also over-tired from the craziness that is this whole sharing-the-room debacle). I like this picture because you have Pastor Daddy and Son Koen right next to each other.
Here are a video from the first service...
Koen also got to stay and perform in the second service.  I should note here that Penn was amazing and after staying up for worship in the first service he slept in an office for almost 2 hours through the rest of our time at church.  Seriously, this little guy is amazing!  Anyways, here's Koen in the second service with all his church buddies.

And a video, of course...
I had to zoom in on Koen's serious expression.  He just seemed like he was almost overwhelmed with the simple, little experience.  My heart goes out to him.  Between sharing a room with little brother, the approach of Christmas and being 5 and 1/2 in general, I think this kid is just buzzed lately and it is wearing on him (and us to be truthful).

I love you, Koen!!  And I loved watching you sing today.  He knows all the words and sings along very seriously.  It's so precious.  After our long morning at church I took the boys to the playground for snacky lunch and some run-around time.  Here's my adorable Teddy Bear having his lunch too.
Koen was very busy making friends (and some enemies) on the playground, but in between keeping up with his big brother and eating his lunch, Tavin found some time to just have fun on his own.  
All in all, it was a very nice Sunday morning.  I love our church community and I was so thankful for the mild December day that allowed us to get outside for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment