Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gramma & Grampa Are Here!!

My parents made their much anticipated arrival on Thursday night.  This is pretty much my favorite Christmas gift every year (having my family in my home sharing this holiday with us).  I'm all set.  You can donate my gifts.  Mom and Dad are here and Ab's on the way.  I couldn't be happier.  Well, ok, I'll keep the gifts, but nothing will top this annual favorite for sure.  

Friday morning Doug and I both had to be at school with Koen.  Doug was preaching at chapel (how cute!...Koen was soooo proud!).  And I had a meeting about an event I'm partially in charge of planning (still not sure how that happened).  That left Gramma and Grampa on duty immediately with the two little guys.  I was nervous Penn would have a hard time as he is such a momma's boy already, but thankfully the sneaky transfer went well and he wasn't sad at all.  He had a great nap while I was gone and Tavin had a blast playing with Grampa.  They even took a snowy cold walk to the post office for some final holiday postings.  Tavin has been so excited to have "Dampa" here, he was thrilled to so quickly get this quality one-on-one attention from him.  Later in the day I got these pictures of Penn and Gramma who had at this point clearly bonded and Penn was already snuggling up, pulling her face close and planting his sweet kisses.

Koen got to stay all day at school in order to enjoy his Kindergarten class Christmas party.  When he did get home the little guys were just getting up from their naps.  Gramma spent some time playing "Sorry" with Koen so I could feed Penn.  Koen has been looking forward to this game with Gramma since our August visit to NH when they did it last.  
Later in the evening I was cooking, Grampa was playing Christmas carols on the piano, the big boys were playing upstairs with Gramma and Doug brought Penn down to enjoy the piano music.  He LOVES music and was so excited watching Grampa's fingers dance along the keys.  
After Penn's 7pm feeding he had some special (and very happy) goodnight snuggles with Grampa.  I've been so thankful for how quickly he has become comfortable with Mom and Dad.  I've been dying to share this little bundle of joy with them!
Penn's been really into finding his feet, chewing on his socks or pulling them off and chewing on his toes.  In this pic he seems to be saying, "look at my cute feet!"
It's been a great start to the Christmas stay.  Our house is full, a little louder than usual, the kids are pretty keyed up, but it's totally worth it for this special, quality time with my parents/the boys' grandparents.  I LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment