Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Well, from my other short posts you probably already know that we went to church for the Christmas Eve service.  This also means that Pastor Daddy was gone all day with services at 11am, 1pm, 5pm and 7pm.  Phew!  He did a great job and we missed him at home, but we are used to this racket and are big supporters of his calling, so we had a great time getting prepared for Christmas despite him not being home.  (This is also why I am sooooo thankful that my family is here, I love Christmas and it would be hard to just be me and the boys on Christmas Eve).  So, after the service we again rushed through lunch and got the little guys to their much needed naps.  Koen and I squeezed in a walk/scooter ride before the rain and then we finished up our "Truth in the Tinsel" (as seen on the blog yesterday as well).  After all the naps/rest time and Penn's 4pm feeding, Megan and Sky dropped by to bless us with some gifts.  They came in for a bit and it felt good to have our close friends hanging out with us for awhile.  Koen wanted to dive right into the presents and Tav was trying to listen to me to wait and then Koen would tell him to go.  The poor guy was so confused (especially in his post-nap stupor).  Here's the best shot I could get of the boys with our friends who are so good to them!
Tavin got another Play-Doh truck.  It's a roller this time.  He was thrilled!  He and Koen wanted to get in on the Play-Doh work right away.  Tavin was generous and let Koen use the loader he had received from Huck for his birthday.  Sky taught Tav how to use the roller as it has a fun Play-Doh function where it pushes out the asphalt.

Megan loves to get her hands on the babies.  She has tried before with Penn and he often sticks his bottom lip out and goes right to a cry.  But I think this week of lots of people around passing him back and forth has loosened him up a bit.  He happily went to Megan to take in all the action (and he loved using her hands as a chew toy).  Megan was pretty thrilled that he gave her some snuggles!

Megan and Sky are one of those couples that have just been a literal Godsend to us here in the Burgh.  They are family to us here and we are so thankful for them (not just because they are good present givers either).  They support us at church, at home and in friendship.  We are blessed by them greatly.  Merry Christmas, Megan and Sky.  So glad you could stop by for a little family time on Christmas Eve!

Oh, the rest of the night was pretty low key, but a lot of fun.  Dad and Abbie had shopped all afternoon and got home just before our 6pm dinner time.  I had made a super yummy dinner and we all enjoyed it together (I got a little teared up to be missing my hubby).  After dinner I got the boys to bed with some awesome backup from Aunt Abbie.  The big boys did a great job going to bed right away quietly in their room together (phew!) and then it was Santa's workshop time!  Abbie wrapped presents, Elf was playing, I arranged the presents for easy access on Christmas morning.  Doug came home with quite a plunder of gifts (mostly food and treats...oh my!) and we got those all squared away amidst some sampling of course.  By 10:30pm I was exhausted and I headed to bed.  Can't wait for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment