Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Penn's First Halloween

To be honest, I hate Halloween.  I'm not really into dressing up (I mean I had the decade as I child where I absolutely loved dressing up, mostly as a prairie girl like Laura Ingalls Wilder, but once I hit middle school I was over it).  I don't like candy or giving it to my kids.  I hate scary stuff.  It's always stressful keeping an eye on the boys and getting candy out to the 150+ kids that storm our porch in a 2 hour period.  So, I'm relieved that trick-or-treating has been postponed here in Pittsburgh.  I have a few more days until I have to deal with it all.  The only celebratory thing I've done today is to put Penn in his cute onesie gifted from Aunt Leah.  He had to do a little photo shoot since it is his first Halloween and so we could have some pics for his loving Aunt Leah.  




2 comments:

  1. 150+ kids?? we had about 15 and i was over the moon! how much candy do you have to buy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 150+. The first year, before I knew about that crazy number, I wanted to try and give out healthy stuff. Well, the 3 piddly bags of mini raisin boxes and dark chocolates were gone in the first 30 minutes, so we had to turn our lights off. I now buy the huge bag of tiny assorted candy like tootsie rolls and stuff. We would go broke if we had to buy fun size bars for all of them!

    ReplyDelete