Tuesday, October 16, 2012

At Home with Tavin and Penn

This morning it was my turn to drive Koen and his carpool buddy to school.  It's always an efficient push to get all 3 boys out the door, but we are getting better at it and I'm quite proud of that and of my little troopers.  After the dropoff, Tavin and Penn and I ran a few errands.  It works out best if I don't get home before the 10am feeding because if I do Penn just cries and cries until it's time to eat (not fun).  When we did get home there were a few trucks in front of the house.  They are chopping down trees all over the city due to an outbreak of some sort of tree disease.  They tell us they will plant new trees of a different variety soon, I sure hope so as I'm so sad at how bare our street looks with only two big trees missing.  Anyways, Tavin was so excited about the machinery.  It was very obvious and interesting work they were doing, so Tavin just looked out the front window the whole time I fed Penn and then for about 20 minutes afterwards.  It was great entertainment!
Penn and I hung out in the living room while Tavin was preoccupied with the tree chipping business.  I, of course, could not resist taking a few pictures of Penn. 

I tried to get a picture of him "standing" as that is his new favorite thing.  He locks his legs and will not sit down.  He just loves to stand right now.  It's hard to take a picture of it though when you have to be holding him up, so here's my attempt.
In this shot he totally started to spit up and I quickly dropped the camera and tried to catch the proceeds.  I had to post the picture as spit up is a huge part of my day, so why shouldn't I catalog a glimpse?
As the tree chipper guys packed up, Tavin decided he would start playing "tree chipper."   He got out several loud vehicles and started all sorts of jobs around the living room.  Here's my little worker.
Tavin was also a good worker "helping" me give Penn a bath.  (Big news, I've managed to get Penn a bath two days in a row).  Since I had my camera handy, I snapped a few bathtime photos of the little guy.  They all look like "deer in the headlights" shots though, so here's the best of what I got.
Well, it was a great morning with my boys.  A nice day all together.  I'm so thankful (and exhausted).  

No comments:

Post a Comment