Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Tavin Dale...oh how I love you!

So, today, before things completely unraveled, I really enjoyed Tavin this morning.  He just loves to quietly and happily play while Koen is at school.  And he is quite the motor mouth when it's just he and I.  I grabbed the camera and was able to capture a little bit of his jabbering.
Isn't that adorable?  Well, it didn't stop there.  When I was feeding Penn at 10am, Tav decided to pretend to be Handy Manny.  But in order to do that he had to wear the play tool belt.  The boys are both too skinny for the belt to stay up, so in the past I've stuffed something in the back to hold it up.  Tavin picked his little stuffed Teddy for the job.  How cute!?!
Well, I'm sure you are wondering what the "unraveling" is all about.  Here it is:  Koen came home from school and almost immediately for no reason pushed Tavin down while we were still outside.  Tavin hit the concrete hard sending his teeth into his bottom lip.  There was crying, blood, snot and eye goop (this kid has been fighting a cold for a week and it's now in a very goopy phase).  Poor, precious Tavin.  Broke my heart to see his brother do this to him and his sad suffering.  Thankfully our dear friend (and angel sent to us from the Lord for these early years of raising boys), Megan, stopped by to check out the injury.  She agreed it was intense (including some gum bleeding which we will be seeing a dentist on Friday for), but due to the fact it is in his mouth, we didn't need to go to the ER for stitches.  Tavin took about 40 minutes to calm down and after feeding Penn I got him to his nap after lots of snuggles, books and a dose of Tylenol for pain.  He took a 3 hour nap and woke up in good spirits with a swollen lip, blood on his hand and sheet and some nasty breath.  His good spirits didn't last long as the first five minutes of playing with Koen burst his wound back open in pain and so I ended up just having him watch Thomas and snuggle his blanket most of the evening.  He had skipped lunch due to the pain (I even tried offering yogurt and made him a smoothie), but thankfully did get some scrambled eggs and yogurt down for dinner.  Oh my poor child!  So far he is sleeping well (even though his brother hit his nose on purpose in the bath...ugh!!!!).  Please pray for a great night's rest for all of us, quick healing so he can eat and be more comfort and that Koen's heart would be softened and molded through this experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment