Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Normal Days

Every Monday I'm just so excited to get back to my routine with the little guys.  Don't get me wrong, my moments with Koen are just as precious, but in this phase I crave giving my middle and youngest child some special attention that they've had less of due to siblings around.  Our days look pretty similar.  Either we take Koen to school or Doug does.  If we do it, we usually stay out and about running errands until 10am when I need to be back to feed Penn.  If Doug drops Koen off than we just start having fun earlier (and Penn gets a nice nap all swaddled up in his bed).  On Monday it was one of those days.  Plus, we had plans to hang out with Hilary and Huxley.  I didn't get any pictures of the boys again (seriously, Hilary and I just have too much fun chatting, not to mention we do still have some little guys to care for).  But I couldn't help but get a few pictures with my phone of Tavin and Penn at the playground during part of our playdate.

Tuesday was literally a wash...it rained, I took Koen to school and got him there late (and his little carpool buddy) and tried going to a new store near his school to find out it was closed until 10:30am that day due to maintenance...talk about frustrating!  Once we got home I got happier getting back on track and finally having some productivity and fun with the little guys.  Today was a great morning.  It was picture day for Koen, so we took a few practice shots on the front porch.  He's doing this new closed mouth smile while squinting his left eye.  It's not the best.  I'm a little concerned about the photos they took at school, but I'm happy to say I got a cute one on the front porch where he forgot to squint his eye.  I don't really care though, I think it's precious.  He loves to dress up and get all "handsome" with his hair gelled and everything.  Some day he won't care and so I'm enjoying that he does now.

I decided to be a little better about taking pictures of us at home today just to show a glimpse of what we're up to when Koen's at school.  Usually Penn goes to nap while Tav and I are still hanging out downstairs, so then I clean up the kitchen and Tav plays happily around my feet.  The ambulance and the cow have been favorites as of late.

Then, like most mornings, Tav needs "2nd breakfast."  I took a picture and I know he looks like he's having an epiphany, but really he's just saying, "cheese."
We also enjoyed some "baking."  Tavin made cookies for Brother and Daddy out of Play-Doh while I made pumpkin muffins and bread.  He loved it and was happy doing it the whole time and was sad when he finally had to stop after about 30 minutes of playing with the dough.

After I fed Penn at 10am and let him have some time to stretch and play afterwards we headed out on a walk.  Penn actually stayed awake the whole way to the library, so then he was awake there too, although not super happy.  That kept our library time short, but as soon as I laid him in the stroller for the walk home he fell fast asleep.  I was hoping to keep him in the stroller on the front porch or something since he had only slept 30 minutes, but he woke up the second we pulled up to our stairs.  Koen got home right then too and I had prepared snacky lunch for the boys to enjoy on the front porch.  Here they are...Tavin doing crazy "cheese" face...
And Koen doing his weird new squinty eye thing.  Priceless (and a little funky).
I brought the bouncer out on the porch so Penn could hang out with us too.  He lasted about 15 minutes in it in his over-tired state.  Then he chilled on my lap staring at the boys eating their lunches.  Isn't he sweet?
Well, that was the bulk of our day.  And that's kind of how we spend most of our mornings.  Hope you enjoyed the synopsis.  I enjoyed living it out with my little men.

No comments:

Post a Comment