Friday, October 19, 2012

A Pretty Good Day

Despite the rough ending to Tavin's day yesterday, he woke up in great spirits (I did hear him cough and stir a bit in the early morning hours, but thankfully nothing came of it).  Today was Doug's day off, so he got Koen off to school and Tavin and I hung out with Penn.  When Doug returned Tav and I had just discovered that an excavator on a flatbed truck had pulled up next to our house.  The tree planting project in the neighborhood continues!  Tav and Doug suited up in warm clothes and headed out to watch.  They spent almost an hour outside watching!  Such a fun morning activity for Daddy and son.  These are awful pics as they were through the window screen, but you can just tell how happy Tavin is.

After some playtime upstairs in the playroom (Tavin loves playing his new "Brown Bear" game), Doug took him out on some errands while I had some fun, simple wake time with Penn.  This baby has received more baths this week than any other week in his life!  Oh how he loves bathtime!  Anyways, afterwards, I got him in a cute, cozy outfit and we headed out on a walk to meet Tavin and Doug for a little lunch date at Chipotle.  It was another gorgeous Fall day.  Brisk in the morning and by noontime, very warm in the sun.  We sat outside for our meal.  At this point, Tavin was showing signs of not feeling very well again.  He had no appetite and started whining and crying easily.  We stopped very briefly at a playground on the way home.  Doug got this great picture of me and my little man despite the fact he was quickly spiraling down to a desperately needed nap.
Thankfully Tavin had a fantastic nap despite some coughing I heard on and off throughout his downtime.  He woke up quite refreshed and happy.  I had the foresight to give him Tylenol to carry him through the dinnertime hours and hopefully help him feel well enough to eat a good meal.  Oh yes, I haven't mentioned Koen at all.  Well, he had a great day at school and then went to Mary Boyd's house for lunch to help celebrate her sister, Charlotte's, birthday.  He didn't get home until 2:30pm and took a short nap before helping Doug with yardwork around 4pm.  Anyways, the rest of the night was pretty normal.  Doug entertained Koen and Tav with a mini bike ride around the neighborhood before dinner and we had a nice family time during the meal and afterwards.  Tav held it together great through that and bathtime too.  We had a sweet lay down time and enjoyed reading, "Bear Feels Sick."  Tavin loved it when the bear woke up and the book said, "and the Bear feels good!"  Tavin and I prayed that when he wakes up tomorrow he'll feel the same way.  Doug handled laying down Koen and I fed Penn and then had my sweet nighttime lovey time with my littlest man.  Oh, how I love that precious time.  I tried to snap a few pictures.  The shadows make our heads look oblong, but you get the idea of how crazy I am over this special little one!

I get practically sad to lay Penn down for the night.  He's so pleasant to hang out with at this hour.  I usually lay him down now just before he would get fussy, so I don't even see the crankiness, so it makes it hard to say goodnight and not see him for 12 hours (well, I do peek on him of course).  Although my arms and back are always happy for the rest, not to mention my husband enjoys getting some attention instead of me constantly commenting on Penn's cuteness. =)  Well, Doug and I have started a movie, so I'll say goodnight to this pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment