Saturday, October 13, 2012

Divide & Conquer on this Beautiful Fall Day in the Burgh

Today we had tickets for another symphony show.  This time it was due to RAD days again.  Oh, how we are loving taking advantage of these RADical Days!  Today's show was a regular symphony performance and not geared specifically to children, so Doug decided he would just take Koen.  I stayed home with Tavin and Penn.  We all had great mornings.  Koen and Doug had great seats, front row of the balcony.  
Doug said it was a lovely show.  Afterwards, Doug and Koen walked around town and got some lunch in Market Square at Chipotle and enjoyed it outside on this perfect Fall day.
They were having such a nice time together they stayed out a little longer and took a free ride on the subway into the North Side and walked around the stadiums for awhile and then headed back into downtown on the subway again and then home.  Here's the happy subway rider!
So what did I do with my little guys?  Well, Penn was in dire need of a bath, so that was a fun activity for Tavin and I.  Penn continues to just love bath time and we can make it a very long activity when we want.  Tavin loves "helping" too.  I actually also had Tavin busy in the bathroom with us practicing using the "big boy toilet."  I brought up the training toilet this morning.  Tav's been showing a lot of interest lately and pretends to use the stool as a toilet when big brother is using the bathroom, so I figured it might be time to expose him to the training toilet and see how interested he really is.  It wasn't a successful morning in that there was nothing in the pot after our several tries, but it was successful in the fact that he is really into it and definitely intrigued.  So, we'll have to see how this goes.  Oh how I loathe potty training!!!  Anyways, after bathtime/potty training escapades, I got the boys outside for a walk.  Today I tried the double stroller in a different configuration to see if Penn wanted to sit up instead of lay down.  I probably just should've had him lay down as I think he needed to nap the whole time we were out, but he did like the upright seat for awhile which was neat to see.  Here are the two cuties...
Here's a closeup of Penn (who by the way, in the above picture looks like the bag is touching his head, but don't worry, there's about 8 inches of clearance, it's just the angle on the picture).
We walked to Whole Foods (where Tavin pushed his own little cart, which he LOVES!).  Then we headed to the library for just a quick stop to pick out a few new books and pick up some requests on hold that had come in for Koen.  Then we walked towards home and had time to stop at the playground.  Penn was up at this point (see, I knew I should've just had him lay down where he sleeps better!).  He was great though watching Tav have fun.  Here's silly Tavin enjoying the slides.  We haven't been at this playground since the school year started, so Tav was so excited.
On the way home I put Penn up front in the stroller and Tav in the back.  I think this might be a better configuration as Penn seemed happier.  Anyways, enough about the stroller.  Just top of mind thoughts as I try to figure this out. =)  We got home right before Penn needed to eat at 1pm.  Tavin is great, he just plays on his own while I feed Penn.  It was much more low key than when I have both he and Koen playing around during a feeding.  Ahhh.  And I was happy knowing that Koen was out having some special Daddy time.  See, very good morning. I'm thankful for this gorgeous day, my beautiful boys, a husband that's an awesome Daddy and all the fun we have in this city!

No comments:

Post a Comment