Thursday, May 27, 2010

Zoo Outing

I would put the title as, "Tavin's First Trip to the Zoo," but I totally didn't get a picture of him on the outing, so I feel like he got jipped. Oh well, I recorded it in his baby book. He was such a trooper. It's mid-80's here, a little humid and very sunny. He chilled out in the carriage and had a bottle in the shade and that is about all he knew that went on.


Koen, on the other hand, was a basket case. I think I need to totally reteach him how to act normal since being sick. He has been picky when he does eat, he's had a lackluster appetite since not eating much when he wasn't feeling well and he has developed a chronic case of whinitis (that is right, inflammation of the whining).


He was OK at home this morning, although I was excited to get out and do something different outside our warm, warm house. The trip there was not a problem and getting through the gates, still no issue. Then, "I want a snack," "no, I want something else," "where is the water fountain?," "but I want to go in there with the elephants!" Seriously, almost non-stop the whole time he was whining or complaining about something. Here I am having a fun time socializing, being outdoors on the gorgeous day, checking out these great animals and also hoofing it up hills with a double stroller dripping with sweat. He's got it easy riding along in the shade of his stroller awning and he still wants more, something different, out, in, up...


Finally he came back to himself when we rested in the shade to give Tavin his bottle. I don't know what to do with the incessant whining. That is the hardest thing.


His favorite part of the time at the zoo was whenever we would find a water fountain. Seriously, these are the only pictures I have, because the rest of the time he wasn't happy and so we were moving on.

It's a good thing my friend Meaghan was there with her son Austin. She was fun to talk to, walk with and most importantly had some distracting and interesting healthy snacks to share which brought Koen back to reality. Thanks, Meaghan!

1 comment:

  1. He DOES look very happy about the water fountains! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I admit that I laughed for your whole post. Sorry I'm not being supportive...but really, too funny!

    ReplyDelete