Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Afternoon Alone with My Boys

Tavin took a weird nap this morning. He woke up after about an hour of sleep and took about 20 mins. or so to calm himself down and went back to sleep until 11:30am. Yay! Koen and I had a cleaning party (yeah, that's right, he likes to clean...yay!) and then he seemed tired and asked to watch a DVD, so I let him. I got to finish my cleaning chores and got some e-mails done. When Tavin woke up, I fed him and Koen played in the playroom, then we headed off for a simple urban adventure. Of course, with 2 kids, these urban adventures get more challenging. We walked to Giant Eagle Market District and Whole Foods in the double stroller. I packed that stroller so full with groceries, I think the people at the grocery stores thought I was nuts. They should've seen me pushing it back up Friendship Ave!

Koen was a great shopper today. Whole Foods got new children's shopping carts (and more than just 2 finally!). So, Koen had a blast helping me go through the store. He says, "what else do we need?" He does a great job of just staying behind me and it was really nice to have his cart to work with in addition to the stroller, I was just worried not everything would fit in there after we paid for it all and had to get it home. Thankfully, I love efficiency, so I fit it in there really well and could've probably fit a few more items in there. Good to know for next time!
Tavin didn't really enjoy the walk, but fell asleep for a few minutes on the way home. I always feel bad for him getting dragged around. But I guess it's healthy not to have the world revolving around him, and I know what is most important, he is getting plenty of...we have so much love for him and I show it all day long. I can't help it. He is so precious!

Tavin struggled during his afternoon nap too. I was entertaining a friend for "tea" during the boys' afternoon naptime, but Tavin was upset a lot of that time. I was happy to save him from his misery eventually when it was time for him to eat again. After part of his meal he was smiling and "agooing" at me again. He is the happiest, sweetest baby ever!

After Koen woke up from his nap, we all played outside in the backyard. Koen played with his construction vehicles and Daddy's leftover sand supplies from the patio project. And Tavin and I watched. Tavin is so entertained by watching Koen. Koen stopped a few times to hand Tavin a toy...so sweet! I can't wait to see them interact when Tavin gets a little older. Koen is such a sensitive, concerned older brother at this point. I hope it lasts!
A great day overall, but we miss Grampa. Daddy has been out a lot this week too. We look forward to seeing more of him later this week and definitely look forward to our trip to NH this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment