Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dark & Dreary Saturday - in more ways than one

Saturday was sticky, drizzly, thundering and primarily dark outside the house. Inside the house it was dim, stuffy and dreary. Koen woke up with a fever again. He had low energy for the first half of the morning and then spiked to a silly high for about an hour. Doug gave him a long bubble bath which calmed him down and loosened him up. Thankfully he took a fabulous nap today (which he requested to go to himself - see picture of reading), the first day in three days that he hasn't woken up really early and upset. This evening he was lethargic and still had such a small appetite. This virus/cold/bug is really disagreeing with him. If he still has a fever on Monday I think I will get him checked out. It seems like a long time to me for a virus, but I have very little knowledge in this area.

Tavin today was adorable as usual. This afternoon while Koen was sleeping some friends stopped by, Nathan and Kara and their son, James. Nathan was helping Doug learn how to clean the lawnmower to maintain it better (yay for money savings!). Kara and I hung out with our little boys. James and Tavin are almost exactly one month apart. They had a good time together. Tavin was a little fussy this afternoon and it seemed to be caused by his teeth/gums. Poor thing. Thankfully though, thus far, there are no signs of whatever Koen has.

Tonight we were supposed to go out to dinner with some friends, but we called the babysitter off just as she was pulling up to the house (sorry, Corey and Cookie!). Last night we had to go out as well after the boys were in bed and due to Koen's sickness he woke up while the sitter was here and was upset and she had to go in and check on him and that really freaked him out, so I had to come home early and settle him down. Anyways, I didn't want that to happen again and as a Mom, I just wanted to be here myself to make sure he was OK. I'm glad we stayed because he had a rough time falling asleep. I checked on him once, but he told me to go back downstairs. I think it would've been hard for a sitter to listen to all his moaning and discomfort though.

So, the Ammiratis came over and we got pizza and played Rook and were closing up shop around 10pm. Sometimes staying at home is even better than going out.

No comments:

Post a Comment