Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Playgroup Day

With the iffy Pittsburgh weather the last few days, I scheduled playgroup to be inside. Our friend, Amie, hosted it today. Thanks, Amie! With Abbie's shower coming up on Saturday, I knew I shouldn't host myself despite the fact I love having people over. It was so fun to be somewhere different. And it was so much nicer to feed Tavin a bottle on a couch as opposed to a park bench. =) Koen was of course thrilled when I told him playgroup was at Aiden's house today. Aiden's house = lots of cars and trucks to Koen. Thanks, Aiden!

Koen is showing off his new favorite thing - the stale mate face. He uses it when I ask him to say something or sometimes when I ask him to smile. Oh, three-year-olds!

Tavin was in great spirits there and actually I had some great laughs out of him. He was really ticklish today.

Tavin looks like he totally knows this playgroup thing is more for Mommy & Koen than for him. He is so cute, I can't get over it!

I have to say Tavin does such a better job with the bottle than Koen ever did. It is so encouraging. He drank almost 8 ounces in one sitting at playgroup today. Amazing! In related news, he's been sleeping since 2pm. I'm hoping I get the treat of him making it until 4pm.

Koen, unfortunately, is still talking to himself in his room instead of falling asleep. At least he sounds happy and subdued though. Oh well. It's been awhile since he's skipped a nap, so if that happens, I'm sure we'll get through it. We have lots of prep in the kitchen to do for Abbie's shower on Saturday, so maybe we'll get into some of those projects. "We'll see!" (Koen's often-used quote of mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment