Monday, May 17, 2010

Grampa Is Here!

My Dad was in Ohio last week and we have been eagerly awaiting his trip to take him here on his way home. Yesterday, he arrived a little before 1pm. Koen, Tavin and I waited with much anticipation on the porch. Koen tried out Tavin's new "bumbo" seat while we waited. Tavin and I took some pictures just to pass the time.


It was so great to see Grampa. Koen and Grampa headed right out to the backyard to play while I got lunch ready. When Grampa and Koen came in, I passed Grampa Tavin and they immediately bonded and Tavin didn't get upset at all (he's recently become more sensitive to being passed off from Mommy).
Doug got home from preaching up at Wexford right around the time I finished laying Koen down for his nap and he headed straight for bed after an early morning. Tavin was already napping. Grampa finished unloading his car and then also headed upstairs for a nap. So, I headed outside for some weeding in the bright sunshine while all 4 boys slept soundly. =)

Tavin took another great 2 hour nap and then had a good feeding and some cereal. I think his teeth are really bothering him. He had very little patience for cereal. I felt bad for him. He was still cute as ever though as you can see.
Koen took forever to fall asleep. Saving #2 for naptime doesn't always work in his favor. He finally fell asleep after happily talking to himself for 2 hours! We had to wake him up at 5:30pm (after I also had to wake Grampa up!).
Aunt Abbie and Chris arrived shortly after and we all hung out outside while Doug grilled up dinner. We had a really nice time all hanging out together, having dinner, etc. Chris and Abbie left shortly after saying goodnight to Koen. Koen adores Aunt Abbie!

After the day came to an end, I was still feeling ancy, I just can't get over this "cooped up feeling", so I asked Dad to take a walk with me. It was so, so nice. Lovely evening with a pretty sunset. I'm so glad we got to do that because today is very rainy!

Last night Tavin had a rough time. Something we haven't dealt with in about a month and a half. He woke up around 10 to 1am and was up for most of the next 2 hours crying on and off. I could tell it was a discomfort cry, not hunger. He never got super upset, he just sounded like he was uncomfortable. I think he is really teething now. I feel so bad for him. Thankfully after several reassuring visits from me (and finally some tylenol), he did fall back asleep and woke up happily around 7:15am talking to himself. I hope this doesn't start happening every night again!

Dad and Tavin had some nice time visiting this morning. Tavin seems naturally really comfortable with Grampa. There must be something about the family resemblance or maybe he knows subconsciously that they are connected. It's really precious to see them getting to know each other. Tavin is so happy and interactive.
Koen and Dad are off to the Science Center today. They are hoping to get onto the submarine as it was closed when they tried in December. It's very rainy though, so I'm not sure it will work. Thankfully we set Koen's expectations low and he pretty much just excited to be on an adventure with Grampa! More to come...








No comments:

Post a Comment