Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fun Front Porch Surprises

I pretty much forced Koen to go outside on the front porch with Tavin and I after lunch. I was dying for the sunshine and fresh air after yesterday's rainy day and a half a week of couped up Koen care.

After being out there about 15 mins., someone familiar pulled up (and with my poor vision I wasn't quite sure who was waving at me from across the street until a minute later). It was Uncle Nate! Yay! Human adult contact! Megan had a meeting, so Nate thought he would stop by to see the godkids. Perfect timing!

After about 30 mins. of hanging out with Uncle Nate, talking, snacking and playing with the boys. Another familiar face pulled up and started walking towards the house (again, a delay on my part of recognizing the person). It was "Mr." Tom who did our retaining wall and privacy fence. When he had been here a few weeks ago, he noticed Koen playing with one of Doug's hammers and mentioned that his kids had outgrown a tool bench set. Well, today he brought it over. It is so great and has so many different tools, supplies and compartments. Koen loved it from minute 1. It also came with a tool belt, but Koen was a little shy to try it on. Nate helped Koen get it all set up and he loved it (Koen, I mean).

Aunt Megan stopped by about 20 mins. after that. So much fun to have our friends stop by and to all be enjoying the gorgeous day it has turned into.

Nate & Megan left around 2pm and then I took the boys upstairs for nap together. They both sat in Koen's big chair and I read them three books. Tavin loved it. He was flapping his arms and legs all over the place and Koen thought it was fun to sit in the chair with Tavin and have "storytime" from Mommy on the floor. I love my boys!

As soon as they were down for nap, I went outside to tend to my roses, weed the mulched beds in the back and cut new roses to re-vamp my indoor vases from earlier in the week. Fun! Tavin might be waking up unfortunately, and Koen is still not asleep. Hmmm...what will the afternoon/evening bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment