Saturday, May 15, 2010

Aunt Abbie's Bridal Shower!

Today I had the honor of throwing my little sister, Abbie, a bridal shower. I had a blast planning it and was so excited to see everything come together. I was dying for Ab to just be here and see everything put together, so I totally surprised her with all my excitement when she came in the door. =)

The day was busy in preparation prior to the shower. Doug handled Koen most of the morning and I was on Tavin duty. During Tavin's nap I got a lot done. At 12:30pm Doug had to leave to go up to Wexford as he is preaching this weekend starting with the Sat. night service up at that location.
Koen played outside for a little while and then I recommended he come inside and rest for awhile and watch a DVD (a special treat!) and of course, he was immediately cooperative (even went to the bathroom for me first!). Tavin was kind of hands on at midday, so it was harder than I thought to get some things done while Koen was watching his show. Oh well, it all did get done eventually.

Uncle Nate, Koen's godfather, picked him up at 2pm to take him to their house for the afternoon (hopefully pictures and a post to come on those adventures). Tavin went down for a nap then too. So, from 2 to 4pm, I was scrambling and running around getting everything done. Thankfully, Aunt Jen came around 3pm to help with Tavin and Jayme, Abbie's old roommate came around 3:15pm.

I have to say a very special thank you to Aunt Jen for all her help with Tavin throughout the shower. I would've been a wreck if I had juggled hostessing, recording Ab's gifts and entertaining on top of trying to entertain Tavin. Jen is amazing with Tavin, so comfortable and he loves her.

A big "thank you" also goes out to Jayme for all the help with the food. Everything was delicious and I really enjoyed planning the menu with you. Thanks so much for taking on that task, especially with all that is going on in your life right now with moving, etc.!

Here are a few glimpses of the shower (Tavin didn't completely steal the attention, but he was definitely a popular point of conversation!).

No comments:

Post a Comment