Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friendship Folk & Flower Festival

Today got off to an odd start. Both boys started making noise before 7am, which is not usual. Apparently, they didn't know it was Saturday. Bummer. Oh well. I missed my little "Tavington Bear" anyways. Koen talked to himself pretty well until 8am.

Doug was a little out of it this morning and couldn't take Tavin's whining before morning nap and was already wondering what to do with Koen's energy by the time they were eating breakfast. This picture looks like a bleak outlook for the day.
Thankfully, things got back on track. I had to go get measured and fitted for my bridesmaid dress for Abbie's wedding in September during Tavin's nap. Koen and Doug played in the backyard doing some "projects."

When Tavin woke up, Koen and Doug headed down to Baum Grove (a local neighborhood greenspace) to the Friendship Folk & Flower Festival. I fed Tavin and then walked him down in the Baby Bjorn. It is crazy windy here today, felt like we would blow away! Pretty chilly too. But it was fun to be outdoors and see our friends in the neighborhood. Delia and her family were there, so she and Koen shared his lunch and danced to the Folk music pretty much the entire time they were down there. So cute! Koen loves live music and the artists playing had some really fun, kid-oriented songs. So fun!
Tavin and I came home earlier than the other boys. But when they came, they requested "hot cocoa" so I made them some warm Ovaltine. Koen and Doug played for a little while longer and then headed to naptime. I put Tavin down, he was exhausted because of the early morning, then a shorter than normal morning nap (with lots of crying).

Koen had a little overtired meltdown before nap. We got him calmed down relatively easily, but it was another reminder that the research I'm doing is so necessary. Beth, thank you so, so much for Parenting with Love & Logic. Doug's going to read it with me and we are going to walk through and talk through using the different methods in it. I'm also reading Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Doug will read that too. I'm dying to get these books completely read, discussed with Doug and put it all into practice. But even a few chapters in to each, I'm picking up some ideas and just some great points of view to be mulling over on how I approach Koen. I'm encouraged to have some resources to work with. Koen's in for a treat! =)

1 comment:

  1. I was the uke player and I really enjoyed your son's dancing! It really took some of the chill out of the air : )

    Regards, Jenny Wolsk Bain (of Bain & Crouth)

    PS I stumbled upon your blog when I googled "Friendship Flower Festival."

    ReplyDelete