Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2 Fun Lunch Date Days & Aunt Abbie in Between

Yesterday a big highlight was going to meet Lisa for lunch. Lisa is our dear family friend who used to watch Koen every Wednesday while I would go to work (pre-Tavin). She is super busy this Spring with work and school, so we miss seeing her regularly, but she still has such a special place in our hearts and Koen loves the chance to see her. He was really looking forward to lunch out with Lisa, although he was mixed up and thought she was coming here and walking there with us. He kept going on and on..."then Lisa will come, then you can push the carriage and I will hold Lisa's hand and then we will get to the restaurant. Ok, Mommy?"

Tavin made a sweet connection with Lisa too. He was quite fussy at lunch as he is suffering from some teething discomfort lately. When I passed him to Lisa so I could run to the restroom, he was completely fine and happy to be with her. Of course though, my little boys just love her!

Another fun thing for the boys yesterday was that Aunt Abbie came over to babysit and put them to bed. She had a great time bonding with both of them. Here are a few pictures of Koen being silly during dinner for her. Oh, fun aunts! Thanks, Ab, you did a great job handling both of them and getting them both happily to bed!
Today we had Beth and Isabelle visit to play and have lunch. Koen was looking forward to it despite the age difference between he and Isabelle (Isabelle is almost a year and a half). Yesterday I got a baby pool for the backyard since I knew it would be high 80's today and much of the week. The kids both loved it! I was glad it was a hit. It's the plan for most days this summer I think as we are pretty homebound in the AM due to Tavin's nap.
After Beth and Isabelle went home and Tavin was fed, Koen and I took Tavin out for a swim. His Bumbo really helps with keeping him safe and upright and my hands can still be free (although closeby). He really liked it at first, but the bright sun reflecting off the water made it difficult for him when the sun came out from behind the clouds. I'm going to have to dig out the BabyBanz from Koen's old things. Those should make some good pictures in the coming weeks of summer! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment