Thursday, May 20, 2010

You Know Your Child is Sick When...

I had to go in and wake Koen up at 10am this morning! I figured if he was sleeping in that late, that I would most likely find him fighting something. I was right. For the first time in 3 years, he woke up with a fever. Poor thing. He kept trying to play and would look at me and say, "I'm not feeling too well, I think I'll take a little rest."

Koen spent part of the morning watching "Bob the Builder." Tavin was napping, so I actually got a lot done in preparation for dinner plans we have this evening (check out my roses arrangements from my own backyard!). Tavin slept for 2 and 1/2 hours this morning. I really hope it doesn't mean he is fighting something off too.

We had to miss playgroup today. It's a gorgeous day here, so I think I was more bummed than anyone in the household, but we had lunch on the front porch to make up for it. Koen seemed to have more energy at that point in the day and enjoyed the fresh air.
Next we played in the playroom and as we were up there, Koen says, "I just want to go to nappers now, Mommy. I don't want to read any books, I just want to go to sleep." You can't argue that!

He fell right asleep, but an hour and a half in he woke up coughing and crying which then turned into almost a croup-like sound, but with some gagging to it. Ugh! I ran up to get him. I took his temperature again and he has a fever still despite the Tylenol he had before nap. He's now on the couch next to me yet again watching "Bob the Builder."

Tavin and I had some fun before his nap after Koen had already gone to sleep. See the pictures and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment