Friday, May 21, 2010

Poor Koen

Koen has not been having an easy time with this virus his system is fighting. Yesterday afternoon his fever got to 103 when he was on Tylenol. Thankfully, we have great friends that are pediatricians and I was able to call them and be assured he was safe. Thanks Elizabeth nad Megan! These friends are so nice not to mind my texts and calls in these situations. We've just been so blessed with very little illness with Koen, that I don't really know what to do when we experience something new like this.

Today Koen's fever seems to have toned down, but he is just not himself. Lethargic, tired, overly sensitive. Doug went in late to work and so after I laid Tavin down I took Koen on a walk. He brought his teddy and just chilled out in the carriage for an hour. I think we both benefited from getting out of our 4 walls.

Koen went down early for his nap around 1:30pm. Unfortunately, he woke up about an hour and 15 mins. later crying for me. He must be disoriented. I think he is hungry too. Not to mention the icky, runny nose that is developing. Poor thing. We are in the living room again watching "Bob the Builder." I'm so glad his favorite show is something so low-key and not super annoying.

Keep us in your prayers. This sick kid thing gets old fast for all of us. I'm also praying that Tavin won't develop this virus, especially the fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment