Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Day of January, First Day of Spring?

Today was amazing!!! I knew the weather was going to be really mild and sunny, so I planned for the boys and I to be out all morning. It felt so good! We left the house at 8:45am and headed on foot to Whole Foods. Then we walked to a friend's house back in the neighborhood. We had fun playing there until about 11am. Then we walked down to Market District for a few more groceries (pushing the stroller became more and more of a workout as we moved through our errands and up and down the hills). Our last stop was at Osceola Parklet. We haven't visited this playground in weeks and the boys were thrilled. And even better we bumped into two friends from the neighborhood so we had pals to chat and play with. Perfect! I didn't catch any pictures of Koen because he was so busy running around, but Tavin stuck close by me (and his buddy, Huxley) so I got a few of him.We didn't get home until 1:15pm. So nice to spend the whole morning out without the strain of loading in and out of the car for the errands. Honestly, I do prefer pushing a heavy stroller up a hill to loading kids and groceries in and out of a car more than once.

Soon after we got home the boys went to nap. Koen must have been exhausted because he fell asleep right away. Tavin, on the other hand, was chatting still when I came out from reading books. I was surprised as I thought that all the fresh air would've really worn him out. Guess not because he was up until 4pm talking to himself and being silly! So nerve-wracking! He did fall asleep for what was more like a cat nap as I had to get him up at 5pm so he'd be awake enough for dinner and not have a hard time going down for bedtime. Turns out there was a reason he never fell asleep at first, I think he did his business before napping. Ugh. So annoying! Oh well, hopefully he'll catch up tomorrow afternoon and this doesn't become a new thing. How do you get a kid to go number 2 at a certain time??

So, after nap I got the boys back outside and into the backyard for the first time in months. They were thrilled. Here are a few lame pictures, but oh well, you get the gist.Tavin was so happy out there (and probably also still groggy and tired) that he cried when we made him come in for family dinner. He rebounded though by stuffing himself full of turkey burgers and baked steak fries.

The night was a little annoying as the boys got crazy silly. Koen got carried away and took it too far which is way too normal these days. Soon after that I took Tavin down for bath and then laid him down for bed by 7pm as usual. Koen and I had a special plan. He got to watch a Dinosaur Train show while I trimmed his hair. It wasn't too long ago that we got his hair cut, but he's been complaining about the front being too long and I've noticed it looking shaggy again. Rather than bother getting an appointment, I thought I'd try to just shorten it up a bit. Turns out there was quite a bit of hair to cut, but it was fun and I think it turned out pretty well. Here are a few shots.Well, Koen is now showered and in bed and I'm exhausted. All that walking around the city in the fresh air has definitely taken it out of me! I'll be heading to bed soon myself! But I'm so thankful for the balmy end to January 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment