Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Love Wednesdays!

Today was Koen's second day of Lunch Bunch. It came as even more of a relief this week because he didn't have school on Monday due to MLK Day (I'm thinking of starting a movement that children should still have school on MLK and Presidents' Days. Whoever made those laws do not have young children or live in a cold climate where they are just then trapped in doors with no museums or libraries open on those holidays to go out and keep busy at...disaster! I think it much more honoring to those great men to keep the kids in school and just mandate that those days they have to study the subject of that day. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?).

Anyways, Tavin and I saw Koen off. Tavin was a little upset because Koen chose the lunchbox that Tavin had bonded with last week. I was able to cheer him up though by telling him that when brother got home we would switch them again. "Switch" says Tavin with a smile on his face. Ok, I guess he's fine with that plan.

After we saw Koen off, we headed into the kitchen and played on the floor for awhile. I just love how laid back it is to play with the one child. I remember those days with Koen and for the most part, the sibling thing is a lot more fun, but I cherish this one on one time with Tavin and I can tell he likes it too. After some floor play with the ambulance toy he loves, he wanted to color (with markers specifically). Look how happy and proud he is!Pretty soon after that we headed upstairs for what turned out to be the rest of the morning! I couldn't believe it. When Tav and Koen are upstairs together it doesn't last long due to the silliness. Everything just seems to be crazy silly, then Tav gets hurt, then it goes back to silliness and then Tav gets hurt and back and forth, etc. So to spend so much low key time upstairs enjoying the playspace and the toys was so refreshing. That's what it's there for. I can't wait until they can play together better and enjoy it themselves rather than just meeting in the middle with super silliness! Anyways, Tavin and I Skyped with Gramma and Grampa for awhile, which was a great treat. Tavin really enjoys it. Anytime Grampa went away from the webcam, Tavin was all concerned and wanted to see him reappear again. So cute! After our Skype session, we played with toys and then I got productive while also engaging with Tavin. He loves getting to just do what he wants without fighting off his big brother, so he just loved being around what I was doing, taking me up on my suggestions on what to do next and chatting with me about what he was working on. Sweet time! Not to mention, I dusted the third floor, changed the sheets on the bottom bunk and vacuumed the third floor. Here's Tavin keeping busy...He loved the rocking horse today. I think he did it for 20 minutes straight. He would ask me to help him off and then he'd get right back on again. So cute. He says, "neigh!" I asked him if he was a cowboy and he said, "Yeah."As you can see from the pictures, Tav was in his PJ's for most of the morning, but I did finally change him before lunch. Not worth it though because we had grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch and he loved, loved, loved the soup, but it was all over his shirt and pants. Such a mess. Oh well, it dried into a lovely design and I have to say I just left him in it for nap anyways. =) After lunch we waited on the couch looking out our front window for Koen to pull up. We played trucks together on the couch cushions. Tavin loved it. It was precious. He actually tried to teach it to Koen when he came home. I guess he liked my little play game. Koen loved Lunch Bunch again, but was tired when he came home. After days of not napping in the afternoon, he fell asleep with no problem and I'm not bothering to wake him up early (I've been waking him up at 4pm lately to help him be tired enough at his regular bedtime of 7:30pm). The boys are still asleep, which is great since we have a cold going around our house it seems. I'm wrapping up my downtime and heading to get dinner started while also already looking forward to next Wednesday. =)

2 comments:

  1. I agree that kids should still have school on those "holiday"! Throws off the schedule so much! To top it off, we also have a Monday in-service day on Feb 6, so it's almost an every other Monday, I have to figure something out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you have a problem finding a solution for Alex that day. He could at least hang with Tavin and I while Koen's at nursery school maybe?

    ReplyDelete