Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fun Family Day

After a day of barely seeing my little bugs yesterday, I was so in the mood for some quality time today, especially from Tavin. It broke my heart last night when Doug told me he was asking for me and crying big sad tears before bad just saying, "Mommy, Mommy." I was so excited when it was 8am and time to start our day together. Doug and Koen made French toast and we had it with apple chicken sausage. Yum! The boys loved it of course. Then we had to do the terrible fight to get Koen to take his medicine again. Thankfully it was a little better this morning, less dramatic, but painstakingly slow.

We had plans to attend Lowe's Build and Grow free workshop. Today was "Buildasaurus." I registered both of the boys for the program. Doug partnered with Koen and was very patient with him in the process. I teamed up with Tav which meant that I got to pretty much build a dinosaur myself.

Here's Koen and Doug getting into their project. Lowe's gives the kids safety goggles and apron to keep. Each workshop they attend they get a little patch to iron on to the apron. So cute! Koen was so proud.I love this picture! Tavin is being the cooperative little pal just sitting on the floor waiting for what on earth we have him doing today (he must be thinking). Look at him trying to check out what brother's doing for a clue on what he's supposed to do.Doug was so good about working with Koen (although a little upset when I would get ahead on our dinosaur since I didn't really have to include Tav too much). Koen even bumped his hand a dozen or so times with the hammer. What a good, patient Daddy!This was my attempt for Tav to hold up our almost complete dinosaur (just needs stickers).And an attempt to actually appear in pictures so the boys will remember that I actually attend things that happen in their lives!Look how excited Koen is! Such a cute little woodworker.Here's Tavin and I working on decorating his dinosaur. We went with the friendly dinosaur stickers. Koen chose to use the mean dinosaur stickers on his.We loved our first Lowe's Build and Grow experience. Such a great free and fun event for us to do with the boys. Thanks, Lowe's! (PS - also, great marketing ploy, our snow shovel was stolen and since we were there, we bought one there instead of somewhere else).

On our way home the clouds parted and the temp was in the low 40's, so we pulled into Frick Park and let the boys play at Blue Slide Park for about 20 minutes just to get some brisk, fresh air. It was fun for all of us.Doug saw this tree and attempted a little shot of the boys and I. Tav didn't want to be in it, Koen wanted to climb it and I was trying to pose and smile. Yeah, not exactly the photo shoot we were going for. Oh well. We tried. =)Koen had a lot of fun racing around with Daddy. Tavin was really timid about pretty much everything, so he stuck with me.It was a great morning. Koen was a little bit of a disaster afterwards, but that's OK. He bounced back after lunch. Doug and I are so excited because we were blessed by a friend offering to watch the boys tonight so we could have an impromptu date. Yes, please! We are headed to meet some friends for dinner at 6pm. Thanks, Kylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment